What are the SOMA Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needles?
Dry needling is a technique where physical therapists use a dry needle to penetrate the skin into areas of muscle with the goal of relieving pain or improving the range of motion.
If your patient is suffering from muscular tension and spasms associated with conditions such as muscular strain, nerve irritation, arthritis, ligament strains and herniated discs, our SOMA needles offer long-lasting pain relief. No solution is required before application as the treatment is contained within the needle and via the effects produced within the recipient's tissue.
Thanks to our unique triple sharpening and polishing process SOMA needles allow for painless insertion into the skin and muscle. Our manufacturing process was designed to ensure customers can achieve maximum reduction in pain, while also maintaining their safety.
Caution: Triple sharpening and polishing process makes the needles extremely sharp hence painless insertion is achieved. Keeping pain reduction to a minimum and safety of the patient and practitioner was the goal when creating SOMA needles. The needles are sharp and at the same time achieve a perfect balance between stiffness and flexibility.
Who can use the SOMA Myofascial Trigger Point Dry Needles?
Only practitioners trained in dry needling or acupuncture should use these products.
What are they made from?
SOMA needles are manufactured using the highest quality Japanese surgical grade steel. This ensures extremely high levels of durability and is why the material is commonly used in a wide range of medical devices. It also offers fantastic flexibility that makes it the perfect material to use for dry needling.
For added patient comfort and ease of application each needle comes with an individual plastic guide for simple and affective application.
- Needles - Surgical grade stainless steel
- Handles - Stainless steel
- Guider tubes - plastic
- Packaging - sterilised plastic pouches
What certifications do they have?
The needles are fully CE and FDA approved.
Which size should I order?
- 0.30 mm x 30/40 mm suitable for shallow insertion in areas such as the feet and hands
- 0.30 mm x 50/60 mm suitable for medium insertion into arms legs/ back
- 0.30 mm x 75/100 mm suitable for deep insertion into large muscles such as your gluteals or quads
N.B. MAXIMUM INSERTION is 2/3 of the length of the needle
How are the needles packaged?
All needles are single use and stored in sterilised plastic pouches. The box and the individual needle pouch have the expiry date printed on it. There are 100 needles in a box.
All SOMA needles are sterilised to meet the required medical standard. This is to ensure the complete safety of all users, which is further verified by additional processes that rely on bioindicators. The safety of our customers is of upmost importance to us at all times which is why we do everything possible to ensure our product adheres to the most stringent medical guidelines. Robust hard cardboard packaging is used making the needles safe during transportation, which is valued by sports physios who are constantly on the move with their teams.
Features & Benefits:
- Perfectly manufactured needles for use in dry needling
- Made from Japanese surgical grade steel for sturdiness and flexibility
- Advanced sterilisation ensures user safety at all times
- Packaged for use when travelling to secure products inside
- Enjoy long-lasting pain relief from muscular related conditions
- Includes 100 needles and guide tube