The effects of kinesiology tape include increased blood flow to and drainage of lymphatic fluid from the target site. This therapeutic tape is used by top athletes around the world to improve performance and minimise the risk of injury.
Types of Athletic Tape
Across PhysioRoom's range, we offer sports taping including bandages and underwraps. Kinesiology Taping elastic tape that aids pain reduction and muscle performance. Simply apply a piece of tape to the affected area before the activity. Kinesio Taping can be used during and after sports. Shop now for fun, coloured tape.
Kinesiology Tape for Joint & Muscle Support
Designed to have the same profile and elasticity of skin, PhysioRoom Kinesiology Tape is applied with medical grade, heat sensitive acrylic adhesive. This ultra-thin, highly elastic therapeutic tape provides support and compression for sports injuries, muscular tension and joint distortions. The muscle tape can be used to support the muscles during sporting activity, to address muscular tension and to activate the endogenous analgesic system. Designed to mirror the profile and elasticity of your skin, it will support your muscles and joints during everyday sports and leisure activities.
Kinesio Tape Application
- • Ensure skin is free of oil, sweat, lotion or water prior to applying the tape.
- • Apply the tape one hour prior to sports activity or showering - this allows the glue to adhere fully.
- • Try to avoid over-stretching the tape during application to avoid skin irritation.
- • After application, the tape should be rubbed to activate the heat-sensitive glue. Do not use a hairdryer to activate the glue.
- • Kinesiology-style tape is designed to be worn for 3-5 days.
Reaction to the tape is rare. But new users, or users with sensitive skin, should look for signs of irritation. An hour after application, the tape will withstand athletic activity and showering without coming off.