- product added £ 0.00
The Omomed is a post-operative support following fractures at the humerus head and the scapula, treatment of osteoarthritis, dislocation of the shoulder, treatment following prostheses and rotator cuff reconstruction. Featuring a flexible strapping system and elasticated knitting across the arm and shoulder, the Omomed is designed to be both comfortable and durable.
Please note: the product you receive may vary slightly from the image shown.
With Clima-Comfort fabric and an anatomically designed shoulder supporting system, the Omomed is suitable for long duration usage. Designed to limit movement in and around the shoulder joint, the Omomed protects the joint during rehabilitation by guarding it from both external and internal pressures. The adjustable support can be used to limit movement of the joint and exert localized compression to the area - increasing the recovery speed in the process.
Reliable wicking transfer system allows the skin to breath and evaporates moisture away from the skin to keep the user cool, dry and comfortable. The high evaporating knit creates a microclimate for the skin whilst allowing it to breath at all times. The integrated Clima-Fresh function features antibacterial properties to prevent bacteria from forming in the knit to maintain optimum hygiene. All medi supports have been tested to meet ko-Tex Standard 100 and are developed and produced in Germany.
Measure the circumference of upper arm at widest point.
|1||26 - 29cm|
|2||29 - 33cm|
|3||33 - 36cm|
|4||36 - 39cm|
|Orientation||Left or Right|
|Functional Use||Support / Pain Relief|
|Functional Type/Category||Shoulder Support|
|Indication||▪ Conservative and post-operative treatment following proximal fractures of the head of the humerus, the glenoid cavity and the scapula, ac joint luxation|
▪ Conservative treatment for painful osteoarthritis of the shoulder
▪ Post-operative treatment after shoulder joint prostheses
▪ Conservative treatment for acute and chronic anterior dislocation of the shoulder
▪ Post-operative treatment after stabilisation of the shoulder joint
▪ Reconstruction of the rotator cuff insertions and refixation of the biceps tendon anchor (SLAP lesion)
|Frame Specification (Braces & Support)|
|Washable||Yes (at 30°C)|
|Details||▪ Flexible strap system permits individual adjustment and variable limitation of movement at the shoulder joint|
▪ Highly elastic, active breathing and moisture transporting Clima Comfort fabric, anatomically knitted around the upper arm and shoulder
▪ Intelligent strap positioning ensures comfortable wearing and unrestricted function, even in everyday clothing
▪ Suitable for long term use over several weeks
|Extra Features||▪ Limitation and prevention of injurious movements due to the adjustable, marked limitation of external rotation, abduction and anterior flexion of the shoulder joint|
▪ The elastic knit exerts gentle local compression on the superficial soft tissues to limit and counteract swelling and reduce muscular tension
▪ Reduced tone in the muscles surrounding the shoulder corrects postural deficits in the shoulder with better centring of the head of the humerus in the glenoid cavity as well as easing shoulder pain
Reviewed by Anonymous
Good quality brace but fit needed (ie close around arm) irritated my ulnar nerve and set off neuropathic pain, so I returned the brace. The other thing to consider is what clothes you will wear with it. Obviously dressing as the model in the picture is unlikely to be appropriate or practical in all situations.
If you would like to leave a review please visit us using a desktop or tablet
Have you purchased the medi Omomed Shoulder Brace? If so we'd love to know what you think of it.
medi Omomed Shoulder Brace is available for immediate dispatch, direct from the manufacturer. Orders placed by 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are dispatched the same day.
For guaranteed delivery before Christmas to all UK mainland destinations, please ensure that all orders are place before 4pm on 19th December. The call centre will be closed on the following days:
PhysioRoom.com offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This means that for the 30 days following your purchase of any item(s) from PhysioRoom.com you can return or exchange your item(s), provided they are unused and in their original packaging.
Full details of our returns policy is available here.